Despite having client coast-to-coast and an increasingly global presence, we are, first and foremost, a Chicago company. And that’s pretty cool. I like the authenticity of Chicago. I like the lack of pretense. As someone who has lived in both New York and San Francisco, I can tell you, there’s something really special about Chicago. A city this good doesn’t need to tell you it’s good. It just is. I know, the weather, she is terrible, no? But as last weekend will remind you, there’s no better place on Earth when the weather is tasty.
SOCIALDEVIANT and Chicago. Connected at the hip, and very like-minded. Honest, hard-working, unique, transparent, focused. Unapologetic. Non-judgmental. Not for everyone, but not trying to be. And we’ve been working hard to make this connection really mean something, beyond merely being born here.
1. Our Connection to Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management – Kellogg was a client, we’ve taught there a lot (from social media to entrepreneurship and more), and we successfully launched their first-ever executive education social media program.
2. Chicago Food Depository – We volunteered there for a day, give money on an ongoing basis, and are working with them on their new marketing campaign.
3. AUSL – One of our very first clients, part of The Chicago Public School system.
4. Latin School – We’ve taught social media, entrepreneurship, lessons on parenting, and hired a lot of their students as interns (with a few more to come this summer).
5. Random Acts of Kindness Week – We toured around Chicago on the kindness trolley, spreading good cheer (and a few flowers and candies) to anyone who would take them.
6. We Sponsor a Little League Softball Team – Yes, there are 14 twelve-year-old girls proudly wearing “socialdeviant, llc” on the back of their team jerseys. Super cool.
8. Crain’s/Tribune – We were in Crain’s last week (a profile of yours truly) and a senior reporter from the Chicago Tribune is coming by later this week for a return visit to check us out for a feature story.
9. Social Media Week Chicago Board – We’re on the Social Media Week Chicago board, and may well be hosting an event during that week. More to come, but very cool as we get more and more connected into the Chicago social media scene.
We live here, we pay business taxes here, we pay rent here, we endure the weather here. And through it all, we love it here.
Yes, socialdeviant + Chicago, a very fine fit indeed.