SOCIALDEVIANT is looking for a Jr Copywriter to join our creative team. Reporting to the Associate Creative Director and Executive Creative Director, this role is critical as the business continues to enjoy incredibly fast growth and will help scale our ambitious, infinitely kind and limitlessly composed team of DEVIANTs.
At SOCIALDEVIANT, we’re obsessed with helping our clients grow their brands faster with bigger impact, by creating magnetic brands: passion brands that attract the right audiences. It requires collaboration among insights and data, strategy and creative. That’s why we look for creative talent who love to both think AND do — to think strategically, and make big conceptual work, every day. Our team is a hybrid breed of concept to execution, making all-channel campaigns and content, while helping us lead the creative vision for a multitude of magnetic brands.
This role is responsible for working under the direction and mentorship of an Associate Creative Director / Creative Director on a number of client teams, copywriting and concepting across all deliverables — from social posts, to idea write-ups, to campaign copy, to creating and protecting the brand voice. Work is always expected to be on strategy, on time, on budget and exceed client expectations.
- Adopt a broad range of brand voices, embodying the brand personality in an engaging, more human and authentic way
- Write for both campaigns, brand narratives and taglines that need to withstand the test of time, as well as real-time engagement opportunities on social that require you to creatively react with speed
- Practice efficiency in writing, with clear yet powerful copy your audience can’t ignore
- Partner with the Graphic Designer to concept and create amazing brand and campaign work
- Participate in team brainstorm and ideation sessions to push innovative thinking and opportunity exploration
- Produce great creative work, with a special emphasis on copywriting and concepting for video (scripts), ad campaigns, social media content, DEVIANT publications and presentations, and more
- Keep current on social media and advertising trends, developments and opportunities on an ongoing basis, sharing knowledge and new ideas
- Apply thoughtful understanding of the client, the industry and competitive landscape to help achieve goals and deliverables
- Present work clearly and confidently in front of clients, whether it’s in-person, over Hangouts, or over the phone
- Participate in client interactions and meetings, as appropriate
- A bachelor’s degree and/or portfolio school concentration in Advertising, Digital Marketing, or Social Media; prior agency experience (full-time, freelance or internship) preferred
- Ability to build and deliver effective concepts and creative across various industries and manage an array of complex problems
- Proven knowledge / expertise with Copywriting skills across various media; additional skills in Graphic Design, UX/UI, Videography, Photography, Production are absolutely welcomed
- Ability to effectively allocate and manage time and resources in an ever-changing and extremely fast-paced environment and across a variety of disciplines
- Strong collaboration skills
- A clear passion for digital culture and a personal connection to it (geeky over social, tech, mobile, emerging media and digital trends)
- Ability to always be in “idea mode,” bringing mind-blowing concepts and insights to team brainstorms and projects
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Above all, kindness, composure, and relentless curiosity
How to Apply
This position is based in Chicago. Interested? Please email email@example.com with your resume/CV, link to your portfolio, and a cover letter explaining why you’d like to be a DEVIANT. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Thank you for your interest and for helping us spread the word!