SOCIALDEVIANT is a full-service content marketing agency based in Chicago’s West Loop, and launched in February 2012 by former MRM Worldwide CEO Marc Landsberg. SOCIALDEVIANT is focused on building successful brands in today’s socially connected world and, at the same time, determined to become the world’s kindest company.
We believe brands are stories and stories are content. We help our clients navigate a world in which content is collaboratively created, dynamically served, and consumed in a non-linear fashion.
We are looking for full-time DEVIANTs to help us build this incredible company and work with some of the world’s most fascinating brands. We offer incredible benefits, a fantastic work location and space, forward-thinking work philosophies and a chance to make a huge difference.
Are you a DEVIANT? Let’s find out.
Overall Role Description:
Reporting to a Maker Lead, the Graphic Designer will combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the development of amazing content. Working with copywriters, other designers and leads to concept and execute ideas to activate brands across all social and digital media platforms. Responsible for working as an integral part of the overall team, helping to build brands by delivering excellent ideas, superior design, and flawless execution in an exciting environment.
This role also contributes to thought leadership, staying abreast of technology and industry trends that impact the decisions made around content creation and distribution.
- Conceiving, designing, and producing creative and content assets across priority clients.
- Contributing and owning key SOCIALDEVIANT projects creatively, from concept to design and execution.
- Leaning in on the Company’s production design needs, both client and new business, as needed.
- Contributing to the ideation of ideas/brainstorms across priority clients.
- Designing/Creating templates for scale, as needed.
- Experience working for a Digital Marketing or Social Media agency in a graphic design role
- Excellent people management skills and instincts
- Ability to effectively manage time in an ever-changing and extremely fast-paced environment
- Proven understanding of progressive content concepts and domains across multiple media
- Thorough understanding of social and digital content systems
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven skills managing client interactions (clients across a variety of industries and sizes)
- Experience and/or interest in mentoring more junior colleagues
- A clear passion for social media and a personal connection to it (geeky over social tech, mobile, emerging media and digital trends)
- Ability to always be in “idea mode,” bringing progressive and creative concepts and insights to team brainstorms and projects
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Above all, kindness, composure, and relentless curiosity