SOCIALDEVIANT is looking for a Summer Design Intern to join our ambitious, infinitely kind and limitlessly composed team of DEVIANTs in our West Loop Chicago office. As an interim member of our creative team, you’ll be expected to concept, create campaigns and social content for our amazing roster of brands.
At SOCIALDEVIANT, we’re obsessed with helping our clients grow their brands faster with bigger impact, by creating magnetic brands: passion brands that attract the right audiences. It requires collaboration among insights and data, strategy and creative. That’s why we look for creative talent who love to both think AND do — to think strategically, and make big conceptual work, every day. Our team is a hybrid breed of concept to execution, making all-channel campaigns and content, while helping us lead the creative vision for a multitude of magnetic brands.
As a Design Intern, you’re responsible for working under the direction and mentorship of a great team: Graphic Designer / Associate Creative Director / Creative Director / Producer. You’ll walk away with real-world agency experience, confidence in your craft, and great case studies for your portfolio based on real client briefs.
- Partner with a Jr Writer to concept and create amazing brand and campaign work
- Present great ideas, moodboards, layouts and design exploration to the Graphic Designer / Associate Creative Director / Creative Director / Executive Creative Director for everything from video and social content, to ad campaigns, to DEVIANT publications and presentations
- Participate in team briefings and brainstorms to push innovative thinking, and speak up with great adds and live ideas
- Keep current on social media, design and advertising trends, developments and opportunities on an ongoing basis, sharing knowledge and new ideas
- Intensively research and apply thoughtful understanding of the client, the industry and competitive landscape to help achieve goals and deliverables
- Participate in client interactions and meetings, as appropriate
- A current college / portfolio school concentration in Design, UX/UI, Advertising, or related field
- A portfolio or examples of work that demonstrate your design skills and conceptual thinking
- Ability to effectively allocate and manage time and resources in an ever-changing and extremely fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills
- A clear passion for digital culture and a personal connection to it (geeky over social, tech, mobile, emerging media and digital trends)
- Ability to always be in “idea mode,” bringing mind-blowing concepts and insights to team brainstorms and projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Above all, kindness, composure, and relentless curiosity
How to Apply:
This position is based in Chicago, offers a monthly stipend of $1,500 and will take place June through August (flexible to your summer schedule). Interested? Please email email@example.com with “Design Intern 2018” in your subject line. Please include your resume/CV, link to your portfolio or attachment of relevant creative samples, and a cover letter explaining why you’d like to be a DEVIANT intern. Thank you for your interest and for helping us spread the word!