SOCIALDEVIANT is a full-service content marketing agency based in Chicago’s West Loop, and launched in February 2012 by former MRM Worldwide CEO Marc Landsberg. SOCIALDEVIANT is focused on building successful brands in today’s socially connected world and, at the same time, determined to become the world’s kindest company.
We believe brands are stories and stories are content. We help our clients navigate a world in which content is collaboratively created, dynamically served, and consumed in a non-linear fashion.
We are looking for full-time DEVIANTs to help us build this incredible company and work with some of the world’s most fascinating brands. We offer incredible benefits, a fantastic work location and space, forward-thinking work philosophies and a chance to make a huge difference.
Are you a DEVIANT? Let’s find out.
Overall Role Description:
Reporting to the Head of Strategy, the Content Planner/ Team Lead is a strategist at heart with a knack for client management and account. This critical hybrid role is not only responsible for leading and managing the work of a client team or teams with regard to overall business and brand strategy, but also for building the strategy itself. This role acts as the main overall contact with the client(s) and strives to ensure all final deliverables are on brand, on strategy, on time, on budget and exceed client expectations while building new thought leadership.
- Ensure the development, articulation, communication and understanding of the client(s) business and marketing strategy, including developing an integrated POV across client objectives.
- Create/develop and implement an overall plan and timeline for all projects.
- Develop and implement a clear content strategy, rooted in audience insights, product truths and cultural currents that align business goals with content metrics.
- Apply deep understanding of Content Planning to client objectives and project goals, including community engagement, social conversation and key content trends.
- Lead content opportunity identification, including proactive outreach, content partnerships, paid, etc.
- Manage final content calendars, ensuring that copy and assets are aligned with strategic direction and optimally drive campaign goals.
- Produce and present competitive reports and reviews, as required.
- Proactively participate and help drive thought leadership and best practices.
- Effectively lead the client team to include continuous feedback and ongoing communication and input from client to team members, as appropriate.
- Attend and actively participate in brainstorm and ideation sessions to push innovative thinking and opportunity exploration.
- Participate in proposals, pitches and other new business development activity, as appropriate and required.
- Ensure team activity and deliverables are aligned with Statements of Work.
- Keep current on social media trends, developments and opportunities on an ongoing basis, sharing knowledge and new ideas, as appropriate.
- Experience working for a brand or agency in a Content Planning role
- Proven strategic vision and implementation of client work
- Ability to build and deliver comprehensive content and brand strategies across a variety of client engagements and an array of complex problems.
- An ability to develop clear consumer insights that connect brands to individuals
- Excellent people management skills and instincts
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources in an ever-changing and extremely fast-paced environment
- Proven understanding of progressive content concepts and domains across multiple media
- Proven account management/project management skills
- Thorough understanding of social and digital content systems
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent attention to detail and mastery of content calendar and approval flows
- Proven skills managing client / brand interactions
- Experience and/or interest in mentoring more junior colleagues
- Ability and willingness to be a strategic thinker and leader but at the same time a “doer” and idea generator
- A clear passion for social media and a personal connection to it (geeky over social tech, mobile, emerging media and digital trends)
- Ability to always be in “idea mode,” bringing progressive and creative concepts and insights to team brainstorms and projects
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Above all, kindness, composure, and relentless curiosity